Thursday 27 February 2014

Want to monitor calorie intake and weight loss?

I have recently been using an app religiously and I think I should share my experiences and how it has helped me. After the excessive eating of last Christmas (Dec 2012), as everyone, I knew it was time to diet. My trouble is I love food and hate denying myself the things I like. So, I searched the app store and came across a great app called MyFitness Pal. This app really is amazing. You start by setting your weight goal, this should be something realistic you are able to stick to and manage, from this point the app will generate a daily calorie intake. This intake is measured on your weight loss goal and the period you state you want to lose the weight in. From this point it is very simple, you need to input all of the food and drink you consume, the majority of products from restaurants, supermarkets and shops are already loaded within the app. All you need to do is select the product, choose the amount consumed (usually in weight or packet size), this will be added to your daily intake and removed from your daily allowance of calories, allowing you to see exactly how many more you should or should not consume to be within your goal. The app also lets you record exercise and weight manually so weather its walking the dog or hovering you can input the activity and have the burned calories reallocated to your daily allowance. The app also shows off other data including fat, carbohydrate and sugar intake as well as all other nutritional information. It is also possible to use the app for blood pressure monitoring.

The app has many features, it consists of a bar code scanner to easily add products to your intake, you can also add your own meals and foods if you’re a wiz in the kitchen and regularly make homemade food. The app is of course social friendly and you can connect via Facebook and share your goals and achievements with friends and let’s face it, virtual motivation is probably as good as face to face motivation these days.

The app is also compatible with many gadgets for you gadget lovers including some top brands including Withings, Fitbit and Fitbug. These all allow easy access of data synchronization and will update the app and remove any cardiovascular or exercise undertaken and reallocate the calories burned to your daily allowance. The app really is amazing and I would suggest and recommend it to anyone who is wanting to take a hold on their weight, exercise and for people who just want to monitor their calorie intake.

I am yet to buy gadgets to sync with the app however, a friend of mine uses the Withings scales and Fitbit tracker and they really are awesome. I intend to buy a Fitbug or Fitbit myself very soon and will happily share my experiences with you.

So this app has so far helped me lose 1 stone in 4 weeks, just by monitoring what I eat, it’s amazing the amount of calories some foods have! This was an eye opener for me and it doesn't necessarily mean you have to cut out the foods you love.

MyFitness Pal is totally free to download and use on the App store and is also available for android and other platforms. Give it a try today!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

#myfitnesspal #health #nutrition #fitbit #fitbug #withings

No comments:

Post a Comment